TPS Calendar of Events
Image © National Geographic
04-27-13 Call for Entries for TPS's 26th Annual Members' Only Show posted. The juror is Elizabeth Krist, Senior Photo Editor for National Geographic.
05-17-13 Sports at A Smith Gallery in Johnson City thru June 29, artists reception May 25 & June 29, 4p-7p.
06-28-13 TPS 21: International Competition at TCC Photo Gallery in Longview.
07-12-13 Entries for TPS's 26th Annual Members' Only Show are due in San Antonio.
09-13-13 TPS's 26th Annual Members' Only Show opens at Islander Art Gallery, Corpus Christi thru October 13.
Upcoming Members' Exhibits & Events
Image © Susan Burnstine [Los Angeles, CA]
Parchman Stremmel Gallery. 110 West Olmos Drive. 210-824-8990. Ansen Seale [San Antonio] and Betsy Dudley's recent works will be featured May 9, 2013 during an opening reception from 5:30-7:30pm.
Photographs Do Not Bend Gallery. 1202 Dragon St, Suite 103, 75207. 214-969-1852. Bunny Yeager, thru May 11th.
Minneapolis Photo Center. 2400 N 2nd St., #200. 612-643-3511. Martha Grenon's [Austin] Making Mantija, Stanterg, Kosovo will be featured in the exhibit Home: Where We Live, May 10 - June 23, 2013.
Satellite Gallery at LHUCA. 18th Street at Flint Avenue. 806-742-3825. Source, the MFA Thesis Exhibition by Rebecca J. Hopp [Lubbock], thru May 18.
More Members' Exhibits.
Upcoming Members' Workshops
Image © Scott Williams [Dallas, TX]
• Art Treks - Greece,
Photography / Plein-Air Painting Workshop with Scott Williams [Dallas] & Niki Gulley,
Athens & Santorini, Greece May 10 - 18th.
• The Next Stepwith Aline Smithson [Los Angeles, CA], The Julia Dean Photo Workshops,
• Wet-Plate Collodion Positives Monty McCutchen [Asheville, NC] at Penland School of Crafts. July 7-19th.
More Members' Workshops.
Recent Members' News
Image © Charles Rawlings [Winston-Salem, NC]
• Leslie Plaza Johnson [Dickinson] will host an opening reception for her exhibition Life Along the Rio Grande: A New World Becoming on Friday May 10, 2013 from 7-9PM at the Bay Area Unitarian Universalist Church.
• Tom Chambers [Richmond, VA] is part of a group show Odyssey curated by Bo Lee Gallery London (UK) and Have a Nice Day! at Gilman Contemporary,
• John Sevigny [Chicago, IL] has started an online portfolio of his photographs.
• Kenny Braun's [Austin] photograph was selected for the May 2013 cover of Texas Monthly: The Hidden Coast.
• Adrienne Defendi [Palo Alto, CA] had an image featured in the 6th Annual International Juried Plastic Camera Show in San Francisco, CA.
• Bill Vaccaro's [Chicago, IL] series The Things She Left Behind has recently been featured on the Plates to Pixels website.
Lori Ann Scott [Spicewood] is currently featured online in Cowboy Poetry Magazine.
• NPR published an online article about Frank Hamrick's [Ruston, LA] photography and handmade books as part of a week long focus on southern photographers.
• George Gati [Poughquaq, NY] was recently accepted into several exhibits and won 2nd prize at the 2012 National Open All Media show at the Petersburg Regional Art Center, Petersburg, VA.
• Bill Vaccaro's [Chicago, IL] Hell Is Real, was published in December 2012 in The Economist magazine as a special double issue on Hell.
• Michael DeYoung [Taos, NM] is featured in the January/February 2013 issue of Outdoor Photographer magazine.
• David Keenan [Austin] has launched a new Facebook group entitled: Photography That Doesn't Suck.
• Jeffrey Glasser [South Miami, FL] will have a one person exhibiton in April 2013 at the Garden's Gallery at the Village of Pincrest, Florida, Miami.
• Linda Hirsch [Wayland, MA] had her most recent (3rd live) Radio Sefarad interview.
• Rania Matar's [Brookline, MA] portfolio A Girl and Her Room was recently featured in M Le Magazine du Monde.
More Members' News.